July 29, 2012

Take one last look

July 29, 2012

I've been taking one last long look at the beautiful countryside that is the corner of France (and edge of Switzerland) that we live in. In less than a week we move back to upstate New York.

The picture above has been on my list for a while now, maybe not that particular vineyard, though this hill has stood out to me for some time, but one like it. I'm pleased that for a few minutes while I was out the sun and clouds played a little, and gave me this wonderful dance across the fields, and that the sunflowers are blooming beautifully this summer.

I'll keep my eyes open, but we lose a little of our mobility this week, and I imagine it'll get pretty hectic making sure we're completely ready to leave. I'm glad I took some time to look around yesterday and make a few more pictures. I'd like to do some documentary of the move itself, we'll see how it goes.

Oh, and one more thing. I'm getting ready to make the jump to self-hosting this blog at my own domain. I'm posting both there and here, sort of "preview mode." If you'd like to check it out, it's at justing-pictures.com/blog. I'm haven't completely settled in yet. Some things are still undecided, like whether to keep the pictures on flickr or on my blog too, or both. A few tasks to work on still, and I'll make a bigger announcement when I to transition.

search