June 23, 2012

Seurrois

June 23, 2012

The weather has been absolutely beautiful the last few days.

Much nicer than the last couple of times I was in Nyon. It was a great day to go for a walk.

Today we went to Nyon to do some triathlon shopping, tri gear is a little harder to find than one might think around here. There is a very nice shop in Nyon for running and swimming gear: Sportmax. It's triathlon oriented, but they don't have any cycling gear. The attendent was very friendly and helpful, not pushy at all.

After our shopping errand was complete, we took a nice walk along the lake front, by the marina out to the point at the end of the jetty. As we were walking, a very nice looking boat came into the marina and then turned around. After that, it began to dock against the jetty at the tie-ups there. I helped a little with the line to secure it, and then took a few photos. I don't know these people, or their boat, but I did help them dock at the Nyon Marina.

It was mid-day, the light isn't so great, but I'm still very happy with the pictures.

One of the things that I'm working on is so-called working the scene. I still haven't worked out exactly what type or style of pictures I prefer to make, but I do know that I want to be more thorough in photographing the places/scenes/events that I feel compelled to photograph; when something catches my eye. In the past I've made a few photos of what I thought that was. Now I'm trying to get a selection of things that hold my attention. Previously I've been less than satisfied with the photographs when I get home and take a look. There were things missing. So, I'm trying to find those missing things.

search