April 9, 2012

Something about trains

April 9, 2012

If you've been following along at home, you know that recently Alessandra and I took a long weekend trip down to Como, Italy. This has been a rich vein of photographic material for me, first there was a small sampler of some of the more abstract images I took, then there was one from the end of the trip, Vogogna, and most recently there were all (40!) of those bicycle pictures. I really enjoyed those bicycle pictures.

We got to Como by train, so I made it a point to take a few pictures around (and from) the trains. It was a lot of fun!

Platform

Platform

Switzerland (2012)


Train Reflections I

Train Reflections I

Switzerland (2012)


These two are in Geneva, at Gare Cornavin.

Train Reflections II

Train Reflections II

Switzerland (2012)


That's our train reflected in the glass.

Milano Centrale

Milano Centrale

Italy (2012)


The Milano Centrale train station is pretty cool. It's got a huge ceiling, with two smaller covers, and one main huge one. The station is done primarily in a Liberty/Art Deco style. I didn't get too many pictures of the styling, for me the train yard cover stole the show.

Milano Centrale
Milano Centrale

We're about to board the train out into the great wide world!

Freight

Freight

Italy (2012)


In the station of Monza, one of the commuter stations between Milan and Como, the freight trains don't really slow down when going through the station. I hope accidents don't happen very often. Yikes. Also, the track banks at the exit of the stations, so the trains are all swoopy as they exit the station at full speed. Cool. Dangerous, but cool.

Monza

Monza

Italy (2012)


Rho (panorama)

Rho (panorama)

Italy (2012)


I stitched two pictures together of one of the buildings in Rho. It's not quite perfect, but I think its the best I can hope for from a moving train.

And finally, one of the train station in Como (well, one of the train stations, the place has at least four).

Como Nord Lago

Como Nord Lago

Italy (2012)


I put that picture up on Flickr a couple of weeks ago, but didn't post it here. That's why it doesn't have a watermark. Do any of my dear readers have a comment on the watermark? Yay/Nay?

That's all for now.

search